What is Longtion Database Application Builder?
Longtion Application Builder provides a program for creating and developing database applications and Web-based applications without writing any code. You don't need to be a computer programmer to use it. Its user-friendly interface, integrated development environment (IDE), and drag-and-drop object Are easy to master and use. It requires no programming expertise at all! You'll be amazed at the robust capabilities and stunning aesthetics Longtion Application Builder puts at your fingertips when you click. Develop and distribute your program in a matter of a few clicks of the mouse.
The Longtion Application Builder is an expert software program designed to help users create database applications without the need to write code.
It aims to provide an integrated IDE with which you can develop products using no programming language.
Longtion Application Builder offers an organized feature list and provides numerous demo projects that you can pick from. The examples provided within the application are designed to assist you in understanding the way to define an idea. Editing options are also employed with templates.
It is an integrated development system (IDE) that includes forms designer, an object palette (it comprises all elements that can be used within your project) an object Explorer-like panel (it comprises all forms used within the application), and the object inspector (this one allows you to alter each object's details).
Definition an entirely new idea
Create an entirely new project by selecting the kind of app you would like to develop that is, for example, Desktop utility (the desktop tool that includes databases, scripts, and actions, or a program that has actions and databases) web-based applications with as well as without scripts and AutoRun CD menus with scripts.
Every design can be stored as an image file and then imported into later editing. By the what type of application you'd like to develop The tool offers the ability to combine several forms and personalize every form using different elements like group boxes, panels, and the scroll box, splitters, OK button's images, labels, buttons, photographs, texts, shapes balloons, notes radio buttons, checkboxes memos and many other.
Many of the parameters are used to alter every object in your working space, including font color alignment, lock position of the cursor, hint pop-up menus or click mouse click actions. Drag-and-drop is a feature that is used to move objects from one location to another.
AutoRun CD menu option for CD project options
When it comes time to create the AutoRun CD menu project, things are slightly different. It is necessary to create a folder with all the documents that have been burned to DVD or CD and then enter the executable filename, select icons (ICO files in the format) and insert the text label of the CD. In addition, you can choose to display a splash screen and enable the full-screen background mode.
Options for building/running and connections to databases
The construction process is completed with only one click. Tests have demonstrated that the process can be completed quite swiftly. Additionally, you can use the running mode and find out how the created application affects your system.
Database connections allow users to connect to databases and use ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) to access information from databases via OLEDB. There are a variety of available ADO drives, including the local (Paradox, dBASE FoxPro, and Access) and remote databases server (Oracle, Sybase, Informix, Microsoft SQL Server, and DB2).
An overall efficient app builder
In the end, Longtion Application Builder offers an easy-to-use interface with powerful features to assist you in building and modifying web and database applications in addition to AutoRun menus for DVD and CD.
In the Longtion Application Builder, you can create standalone Web applications in the exact method you create everyday database applications. It's an innovative new method of creating web-based applications. The standalone Web app is a server for the web that is independent of the other servers (IIS and Apache).
Longtion Database Application BuilderGreat Features:
Create database-based applications and Web-based applications without having to write code. No prior programming knowledge is required.
- Connect to databases servers. Create an application that can and restructure data, retrieve it from, update, or alter the local (Paradox, dBASE FoxPro and Access) and remote databases (Oracle, Sybase, Informix, Microsoft SQL Server, and DB2). It is possible to connect to a range of databases using ADO or ODBC to connect to various databases.
- Connect Microsoft Jet OLE Database (Access) database files directly.
- Create a Microsoft Jet OLE Database (Access) database and then create database tables.
- It provides a set of data-aware objects that represent the data contained in fields of records in a database. If the database permits it, it allows users to edit the data and then post the modifications in the database. By putting data objects on forms within a database application, it is possible to develop your database application's users' interface (UI) so that the information is accessible to users.
- You can select between objects created for editing and displaying plain text and objects that use formatted text and display graphics, multimedia elements, and more.
- You can display data from only one document on display or show the information of several records by using grids (DBGrid).
- Users can navigate through the data of data sets and modify or add data. It is possible to add your own devices or objects to edit and navigate or modify data. You may also choose to make use of an existing object, such as DBNavigator. DBNavigator.
- Create master/detail relations. The DBTable data sets can be linked in master/detail relationships. When you establish the master/detail relationship, it is a matter of linking two datasets to ensure that the records in the one (the details) always match the one record that is currently in another (the master).
- Definition of lookup fields. You can define lookup fields for dataset objects, DBQuery or DBTable. A lookup field can be described as a read-only display field and displays values according to the search criteria you define. In its most basic form, the lookup field is given the field's name to be searched on and a field's value that you want to look up in addition to a second field from a lookup database that it is required to display. For instance, think of an application for mail-order that allows the operator to utilize a lookup field to automatically determine the state and city corresponding to the zip code the customer has provided. The searched column could be named ZipTable.Zip, and the value to be searched for is the client's zipcode as it appears in Order.CustZip and the values that will be returned are those of ZipTable.City and ZipTable.State. ZipTable.City as well as the ZipTable.State columns in the data file, where the value for ZipTable.Zip corresponds to the value within the Order.CustZip field.
- Create calculated fields. Calculated fields are defined for the dataset object DBQuery and DBTable. Calculated fields display values that are calculated during the time of runtime. For instance, you can make a float field that displays the values taken from different fields.
- Review and analyze information from databases to ensure users can draw their conclusions from information. The DBChart object allows you to display information from databases in a visual format that allows users to understand the importance of databases quickly. DBChart has chart series types such as Line, Area, Point, Bar, Horizontal Bar, and Pie.
- Print database information. If you wish to allow your users to print information about databases from databases in your application, you can use Report objects, also known as visual Report design objects. You can utilize Report objects to design different reports, starting with simple reports banded to more complicated, highly custom reports.
- Export report as the format PDF (.pdf), RichText (.rtf), Excel (.xls) and Text (.txt) files.
- Through Longtion Application Builder, you can create standalone Web applications precisely in a similar way to how you develop database applications in the usual way.