What is Devart dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server?
dbForge Schema Comparison with SQL Server is a reliable database schema comparison tool that can save time and effort in comparing and synchronizing SQL Server databases. SQL Compare allows you to work using active SQL Server databases, snapshots script folders, script folders, and native backups.
You can analyze your SQL Server database, examine the differences, and conduct an error-free schema synchronization using SQL scripts. Additionally, you can automate schema synchronization with this internal tool. SQL diff is a tool that SQL diff tool works in SQL Server Management Studio.
Check out accurate databases with SQL Backups of Servers native to SQL or script folders.
The tool allows you to select a backup database, backup script folder source control version, or snapshots to be used as a Source and Target to compare.
Synchronize production or staging databases with development databases
Smart Schema Synchronization Wizard gives you various options for setting up and personalizing the synchronization process.
Create concise and precise T-SQL scripts for the deployment of databases
You can create an error-free script for database synchronization and then execute it without reviewing and edit it using the editor within your computer.
Restore procedures and functions to SQL Server Backups that are native to SQL Server.
The tool can support a broad range of schema objects like sequences and rules processes, functions,, etc. They can be restored and synchronized from backup.
Automate routine synchronization with the command-line interface
With Schema Compare, the Schema Compare tool, you can develop a PowerShell automated script. You can then schedule its execution using Windows Scheduler.
Deploy to SQL Server, SQL Azure, and SQL Server on Amazon RDS
Enjoy the many possibilities of compatibility offered by Schema Compare. Benefit from the wide range of compatibility options offered by the Schema Compare tool as it can work with cloud services such as Amazon RDS and SQL Azure.
Export results of schema comparison into HTML, Excel, and XML
The tool's function allows you to save the comparison results as a report that can be easily modified or saved using three distinct file formats.
Create a database with Continuous Integration.
Implement the database CI process using Schema Compare: install the database using the script folder, make modifications to the Schema,, and provide seamless updates.
Devart dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server Great Features:
dbForge Schema Compare for SQL Server is a reliable tool that saves your time and effort when comparing and synchronizing SQL Server database schemas. Available both as an SSMS add-in and standalone application, Schema Compare helps you compare your production database with another SQL Server database, a snapshot, a scripts folder, or a native backup.
You can compare database objects, analyze differences, and perform schema synchronization via SQL scripts. You can also automate routine schema synchronization and integrate Schema Compare with your DevOps.
Supported Data Sources
You can set the following database objects as Source and Target for schema comparison and synchronization:
- SQL Server databases
- Native SQL Server backups
- Database snapshots
- Custom mapped tables
- Scripts folders
- Azure SQL Cloud objects
- SQL Server installed on Linux
Supported Schema Objects
You can apply object filters and compare the following objects:
- Application Role
- Asymmetric Key
- Broker Priority
- DDL Trigger
- Event Notification
- Symmetric Key
- Full-Text Catalog
- Full-Text Stoplist
- Message Type
- Partition Function
- Partition Scheme
Non-Schema Object Comparison
Besides a multitude of database schema objects, dbForge Schema Compare helps you synchronize the following object types:
- Database properties
- Extended object properties
- Per-object security permissions
T-SQL Code Comparison
You can easily compare T-SQL code using several options:
- Ignore case
- Ignore white spaces
- Ignore comments
- Ignore object names in definitions
- Ignore keyword reduction
- Ignore signatures
- Decrypt and compare encrypted objects
- ...and more!
Version Control Integration
You can link a version control system to Schema Compare. The supported systems include Git, Azure DevOps, Team Foundation Server (TFVS), and Subversion (SVN).
- Compare database objects in script folders committed to a version control system.
- Compare database objects in different revisions (including HEAD revisions)
- Create schema snapshots for audit and rollback
The sync functionality helps you do the following:
- Generate and review deployment scripts
- Migrate schema differences (individual, selected, or all)
- Perform dependency checks to script database objects in the correct order
- Resolve synchronization issues automatically, ensuring error-free script deployment
- Get warnings on potential issues before deployment
Analysis of Comparison Results
Schema Compare allows you to manage and analyze the comparison results in the following ways:
- Filter, group, and sort objects in the results grid
- View the DDL differences for each object pair with word wrap
- View columns and constraints in alphabetical order
- View the compared text in a separate window
- View white spaces, line numbers, and hex
- Configure script options
- Deploy individual objects, a selection of objects, or all of them
- Preview the schema update deployment script for each object
Export of Comparison Reports
You can generate and export detailed comparison reports to three file formats:
- HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) - a perfect format for publishing reports on the web; HTML reports conveniently allow presenting script differences as removed-added lines or crossed-out words
- XLS (Microsoft Excel format) - one of the most popular spreadsheet file formats
- XML (Extensible Markup Language) - the universal human- and machine-readable file format
Routine Tasks Automation
Completing routine tasks becomes more accessible with the following automation capabilities of Schema Compare:
- Save comparison project settings for recurring use
- Generate PowerShell scripts for task automation
- Schedule the execution of your scripts using the .bat files and Windows Scheduler
Integration with SSMS
dbForge Schema Compare can seamlessly integrate with SQL Server Management Studio, allowing you to set up and run comparison and synchronization directly from the IDE.
Schema Compare in DevOps
Your CI/CD cycle can be augmented with the dbForge product line for SQL Server, which includes Schema Compare.
- Build an efficient DevOps cycle based on dbForge DevOps Automation and accompanying apps and SSMS add-ins from the dbForge SQL Tools bundle.
- Apply PowerShell scripts to track schema changes automatically
- Deploy changes in schemas to script folders