What is TrackStudio?
TrackStudio, a highly configurable issue tracking system, workflow engine, and document management system, can be used to track any task, such as desktop support handling, issue resolution, requirements gathering, and project monitoring. It also allows for staff hiring and hardware deployment.
It can be difficult to identify the problems in a large organization with many tasks. To efficiently track issues, one must be able to break down complex tasks into smaller tasks. This is not practical, and users may find it difficult to keep up with all the projects and tasks.
TrackStudio was designed to assist users in tracking any issues that may arise during the organization's work processes. They will resolve the issues that arise from tracking tasks and projects as they grow in complexity every day. They can configure the application to adapt to the particularities of each task and project, allowing them to monitor the resources, personnel, and issues that are related.
TrackStudio's administrative capabilities allow multiple projects to be managed simultaneously by different teams within an organization. Each staff member can have access to a limited number of projects.
The application provides internal management tools for the organization's workflow and an emailing platform that allows customers to communicate with each other.
The application allows integration of the workflows of an organization and those used by customers. It also offers automated editing and adjustment for each workflow state as well as its parameters. The application will allow users to approve multiple workflows simultaneously and insert technical writing and invoices.
TrackStudio supports the integration of additional services like bug tracking, help desk, and knowledge base. All of these services can be integrated into one system, which will make it easier for users to integrate their departments.
Fully configurable workflows – any number of transitions can be used to create workflows that reflect your business practices. The application's capabilities are limitless.
Hierarchical task tree: Many tasks naturally include subtasks. TrackStudio can store unlimited amounts of work breakdown (WBS) information and can be configured so that users can add or progress their own to-do items.
Multi-role support: In many companies, different people have different roles depending on the project they are involved in. TrackStudio helps you work in a matrix-managed environment.
High-tech permissions model: With highly detailed control over who can see what, tasks can be shared with contractors, customers, and third parties without compromising personal or commercial data.
High Usability - Using the same application to accomplish many different organizational tasks reduces administrative and training costs. Users also have a consolidated view that shows all the assigned tasks, regardless of their work area.
Rapid and scalable design. With over 1,000,000 tasks and 10,000 users, the application can be used as a true enterprise-wide solution.
Database and O/S independence: Use your platform of choice to deploy the software, not the software's requirements.
There are up to 10 types possible of custom fields. This means that you can associate any data with any task in a structured and queryable format.
Integration and extension capabilities – inbound and outgoing email together with SOAP/REST make this application one that can be easily linked to other systems.
TrackStudio Great Features:
TrackStudio harnesses the power of the Internet to bring together knowledge from contractors, off-site employees, and customers. Use a standard web browser to access the system from any location around the world.
- Fully web-based, including the Administrator Interface
- Explorer-style user interface
- WYSIWYG bug description editor
- Cross-platform supports for Internet Explorer, Mozilla, and Firefox
- Optimized for managing large numbers of tasks (bugs, projects) and users
- Easy-to-configure custom colors or graphics (company colors, logo, etc.)
- Each user can enter and view the date and time in their own time zone and local format.
- Full internationalization support (web, e-mail, reports)
- Out-of-the-box English and Russian skin support
- All forms are printer-friendly. Now you can print out any form, use File->Print in your browser.
- User default project. Each user can be assigned a project that will be available for him right after they logs in.
Organize your database into projects and subprojects, making it easier to administer multiple projects. Management can correlate data across multiple projects in a single report, allowing for more informed decisions. Summarize information from multiple projects to define a single tracking process that works for your whole organization.
- Create a new task or project with two mouse clicks
- Supports name, description, category, priority, state, and resolution fields
- Deadline tracking.
- Elapsed and estimated time tracking; history stored in the database
- Assignments history path recorded in the database with comments
- Bulk Copy/move tasks between projects
- Split bugs in different bugs whilst still maintaining a reference to the main bug
- Per-version auto-assignment rules
- Per-component auto-assignment rules
- Per-project auto-assignment rules
- Quick access to task or project by task number or alias
- Bulk Editing Tool allows changes to priority, deadline, handler, state, resolution, elapsed and estimated time and add bug-note for multiple tasks (even in several projects)
- Text formatting engine for the task and message description formatting.
Use filters to search tasks by complex criteria.
- Multiple filters per project
- Filtering on multiple projects
- Private or shared filters
- Per-project filter list
- Supports AND/OR/NOT logic
- Filter tasks by custom fields, changelog, and roadmap generation. Calculated custom fields allow you to create very comprehensive filters.
- Filter tasks by message properties (submitter, handler, elapsed time, status, resolution, keyword)
- Full-text search
- Sort by multiple columns
- Safely delete the used filters
Custom fields can be added to tasks and users to capture the company-specific information.
- Unlimited numbers of custom fields
- Custom fields inheritance
- Supports custom fields for tasks, users, and workflows
- BeanShell-based calculated custom fields
- Per-project custom fields
- Per-workflow custom fields
- Supports string, memo, integer, float, date, list, multi-list, task link, user link, and URL types
- Supports default values (including list type)
- Supports required custom fields
- Supports custom fields in filters
- Supports custom fields in reports
- Supports custom fields in e-mail notification rules
- Supports custom fields in the task list
Automatic and highly customizable e-mail notification ensures that all team members are tied into the issue and change the tracking process. As change requests are updated, e-mail messages indicating the changes are sent automatically to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Multiple e-mail notification schemes per project
- Allows you to set an individual e-mail template for every user
- Text and HTML e-mail notification
- Per-user e-mail notification configuration
- The manager can edit subordinate e-mail notification rules
- Calculated custom fields allow you to create very comprehensive e-mail notification rules.
- Per-project e-mail notification configuration
- Periodic e-mail notification (every day, for example)
- Allows you to specify when periodic e-mail notification should be e-mailed
- E-mail notification and email submission integration
- Tasks and messages listed in the e-mail notification
- Quick-jump to the task from the e-mail notification message
- Allows you to receive a list of overdue tasks every day
- Allows you to receive a list of tasks and messages entered into the system during the previous day
- Allows you to receive e-mail notification only for high-priority tasks
- Allows you to receive e-mail notification only when you're the handler
- Allows you to receive e-mail notification only for tasks with specified product version (custom field)
- Allows you to receive e-mail notification only when someone modifies elapsed time
- Allows you to receive e-mail notification only when the submitter closes a task
Automatically process all incoming mail to the support e-mail address. If an e-mail message meets the criteria, it is added to the system; if not, it can be deleted or forwarded to the specified address.
- Flexible project-specific e-mail submission rules. You can automatically process all incoming mail to the support e-mail address. If an e-mail message meets the specified criteria, it is added to the system; if not, it can be deleted or forwarded to the specified address.
- Import e-mail messages as new tasks or messages. The incoming e-mail messages can be added to the system as tasks or messages depending on the given configuration.
- Very easy to configure and use, point-and-click interface
- Add bug notes via e-mail
- Change task state via e-mail
- Change task resolution via e-mail
- Change task handler via e-mail
- Change task priority via e-mail
- Change task deadline via e-mail
- Enter elapsed and estimated time via e-mail
- Supports HTML e-mail messages
- Supports attachments
State-based workflow allows you to specify and enforce your tracking process through state and state transitions. Security options at each stage ensure that your team members fill in the right information at the right time keeping your database complete and up-to-date.
- Web-based workflow editor
- Complete workflow customization: states, transitions, etc
- Workflow changes without work interruption
- Unlimited numbers of workflows, states, and transitions
- Multiple workflows per project
- Multiple task categories per workflow
- Dependent task categories
- Workflow inheritance
- Per-project workflow customization
- Per-workflow customizable fields
- Per-workflow priorities
- Per-workflow state list
- Multiple final states per workflow
- Per-transition resolutions
- Show a restricted list of transitions for a given state
- Show a restricted list of designated users for a given state, and select a transition to another state
- Bug states/transition/resolutions history path recorded in the database with comments
- Elapsed time history recorded in the database with comments
- Workflow and e-mail notification integration
- Supports the copy operation for workflows. You can copy a complex workflow with just one mouse click.
Use reporting to manage project resources and analyze what work has been completed and what work remains.
- Built-in web-based reporting
- Reporting on multiple projects
- All reports are based on filters
- Private or shared reports
- List, details, distribution, and money(workload) reports
- Output as HTML, PDF, XML, CSV, MS Word, MS Project and MS Excel
- Full custom fields support
- Configurable column list
- Calculated custom fields allow you to create very comprehensive reports. Calculated custom fields, together with distribution reports, allow you to determine what percentage of user requests are resolved within one day or which developer fixes bugs most quickly.
Multiple levels of security will protect your confidential information from intrusion. TrackStudio allows you to place access restrictions on individual bugs as needed, as well as on entire areas of tracking.
- LDAP support
- Active Directory support
- NTLM support
- Security policy support
- SSL encryption support
- Configurable external user self-registration rules. You can specify who will be the manager for the newly created users, whether it is necessary to create a separate project for each user or give them access to those already existing, and a lot more.
- Stores hash of the password in the database
- Group inheritance
- Supports users hierarchy
- Per-department group list
- Per-project administrators
- Full users and projects isolation
- Account locking
- Custom password policy
- Move user between departments
- Authority delegation
- Group-based privileges. To simplify the management of the user access rights, inheritance support is provided for the user groups and roles.
- Project-level security. Every user can be a member of several groups, and the group list of different projects can vary. For example, user Peter can be a developer in ProjectA, a tester in ProjectB.
- Issue-level security
- Field-level security. You can set a visible field list for every user group. For example, you can disable the budget and actual budget display for customers.
- Group-based transitions
- Remote administration
- Matrix project management support
You can use SOAP API to integrate TrackStudio with your call center, front office, and other third-party software.
- Extensible architecture
- Open SOAP API (Java and .NET compatible)
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Outlook Express
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Active Directory
- IntelliJ IDEA
- Borland JBuilder
- Full source code available
A simple step-by-step installation guide allows you to configure an application to work with any server and DBMS in a matter of minutes.
- Out-of-the-box deployment with web server and database
- SSL encryption support out-of-the-box
- Windows service support out-of-the-box
- No client installations
- Platform and browser-independent clients
- No third-party software is required to install (JRE, Ant, JDBC drivers, etc.)
You can configure TrackStudio Enterprise and check the configuration with a couple of mouse clicks!
- Allows software configuration with just a few mouse clicks
- Configures port and protocol (HTTP/HTTPS)
- Configures character encoding (UTF-8, Windows-1252, etc.)
- Configures DBMS connection
- Configures POP3 connection
- Configures SMTP connection
- Configures LDAP connection
- Configures Active Directory connection
- Configures NTLM connection
- Configures SCM connection
- All connections can be tested before startup
- No wizards - easily change any property at any time
- Easy access to previously saved property values
- Create/Upgrade database
- Supports transferring data between DBMSs via XML import/export
- Easy access to debug log
- Start/stop TrackStudio Enterprise
Handle hundreds of projects and users in a single database! Our company provides a hosted service for more than 4000 users from all over the world. TrackStudio supports the widest range of commercial and open-source application servers, DBMSs and will run on any computer platform.
- Supports 10000+ named users and 50000+ tasks
- Application server cluster support (experimental).
- Three-level cache subsystem, optimized for hierarchical processing
- Supports Microsoft Windows, Linux, Sun Solaris, IBM AIX, and Hewlett Packard HP-UX
- Supports ORACLE, IBM DB2, MS SQL, Interbase, Firebird, PostgreSQL, and HSQLDB
- Supports BEA Weblogic, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Jetty, Caucho Resin
TrackStudio, Ltd was founded in 2001 to develop TrackStudio. By focusing on a single product, directing our efforts at its development and support, and minimizing corporate overhead, we deliver the maximum value to our customers.
- Technical support via forum
- Technical support via E-mail
- Technical support via Yahoo! Messenger
- Free 90-day trial
- Available as hosted service