What is Microolap DAC for MySQL?
The Microolap Direct Access Components for MySQL and Delphi/C++Builder (also known as MySQLDAC) are a set of Borland Delphi/C++Builder components that allow direct connection to the MySQL database server. DAC for MySQL lets you create Delphi/C++Builder apps without BDE, ODBC or ADO, and without libmysql.dll.
DAC for MySQL, also known as Direct Access Components For MySQL, is a simple tool that lets you integrate SQL databases into your applications.
This utility works with C++ and Delphi programming languages. It also allows you to make a direct SQL access port within your apps without installing ODBC and BDE drivers or other libraries.
DAC for MySQL can be installed easily and used with any Delphi / C++ developer, as all options are shown in the Component menu.
You can use the tool to perform various functions such as data conversion, batch execution, and query, monitor, or update.
To convert data from ZeosDB, ZeosDB, or ADO Databases to DAC for MySQL objects, you can use the TBDE2SQLDAC function.
It allows you to convert data and can even help with migrating it into required components.
DAC for MySQL lets you automate batch file execution. This process includes many customizable properties such as SQL statements delimiter and actions triggered when there are errors. You can start this function by scripting the SQL Event.
The dataset manager is another function that you can use. This tool allows you to define the database connectivity methods and properties.
It also stores the database connectivity properties of descendant dataset objects. The TMySQLDirectQuery component speeds up the transfer speed of connectivity and allows you to perform complex queries quickly.
To help you get started, the DAC package for MySQL includes detailed documentation and many examples. It supports BLOB fields, and you can work without any MySQL libraries.
It is possible to map different MySQL datatypes into Borland, CodeGear, or Enbarcadero’s TField descendants.
Microolap DAC for MySQL Great Features:
- no MySQL libraries (libmysql.dll) are required on a client workstation;
- 100% native Delphi code;
- support of Delphi 5-7, C++Builder 5-6, Borland Developer Studio 2005-2006 Win32 edition, Turbo Delphi 2006, Turbo C++ 2006, CodeGear RAD Studio 2007 (both Delphi 2007 and C++Builder 2007) Win32 Edition, CodeGear Delphi and C++Builder 2009, Embarcadero RAD Studio 2010 (Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010), Embarcadero RAD Studio XE (Delphi XE and C++Builder XE), Embarcadero RAD Studio XE2 (Delphi XE2 and C++Builder XE2), Embarcadero RAD Studio XE3 (Delphi XE3 and C++Builder XE3), Embarcadero RAD Studio XE4 (Delphi XE4 and C++Builder XE4), Embarcadero RAD Studio XE5 (Delphi XE5 and C++Builder XE5), Embarcadero RAD Studio XE6 (Delphi XE6 and C++Builder XE6), Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7 (Delphi XE7 and C++Builder XE7), Embarcadero RAD Studio XE8 (Delphi XE8 and C++Builder XE8), Embarcadero RAD Studio 10 Seattle (Delphi 10 Seattle and C++Builder 10 Seattle), Embarcadero RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin (Delphi 10.1 Berlin and C++Builder 10.1 Berlin), Embarcadero RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo (Delphi 10.2 Tokyo and C++Builder 10.2 Tokyo);
- support of MySQL™ 3.xx/4.x/5.x/6.x;
- only 300-400 Kb are added to your .exe file;
- full support of stored procedures (with IN, OUT, and INOUT parameters);
- full compatibility with all the existing data-aware controls and report designers;
- full support of the BLOB fields;
- TDBImageEx component for JPEG images support included in the package for free (with sources);
- TNT Unicode Controls Wrappers package for Unicode applications for free (with sources);
- detailed help system and a lot of various demo applications;
DAC for MySQL Components:
TMySQLDatabase provides discrete control over a connection to a single database in a database application.
Use TMySQLDatabase when a database application requires any of the following control over a database connection:
- Persistent database connections;
- Customized database server logins;
- Transaction control;
- Single-value queries.
TMySQLTable encapsulates a database table.
Use TMySQLTable to access data in a single database table. TMySQLTable provides direct access to every record and field in an underlying database table. TMySQLTable can also work with a subset of records within a database table using ranges and filters.
At design time, create, delete, update, or rename the database table connected to a TMySQLTable by right-clicking on the TMySQLTable and using the pop-up menu. TMySQLQuery encapsulates a dataset with a result set that is based on an SQL statement.
Use TMySQLQuery to access one or more MySQL tables in a database using SQL statements.
TMySQLQuery component is useful because it can:
- Access more than one table at a time (called a "join" in SQL).
- Automatically access a subset of rows and columns in its underlying table(s), rather than always returning all rows and columns.
- Access multi-resultset queries.
TMySQLUpdateSQL applies cached updates on behalf of queries or stored procedures that can't post updates directly.
Use a TMySQLUpdateSQL object to provide SQL statements used to update read-only datasets represented by the TMySQLQuery component. A dataset is read-only either by design or circumstance. If a dataset is read-only by design, the application does not provide a user interface for updating data but may institute a programmatic scheme behind the scenes. If a dataset is read-only by circumstance, it indicates that MySQL returned a read-only result set. This usually happens for queries made against multiple tables. Such queries are, by SQL-92 definitions, read-only. TMySQLStoredProc provides functionality for using stored procedures in MySQL.
TMySQLStoredProc works with two types of stored procedures: with or without a result set (for the first type use Open() method or set Active property to True, for the second - use ExecProc() method).
When the procedure name is put in the ProcedureName property, the component fetches information on the procedure parameters from the server. It puts it in the Params property according to parameters' types. This component provides full support of IN, OUT, and INOUT parameters. TMySQLDirectQuery is a component for high-speed (3-4 times faster than TMySQLQuery) data fetching. But it is not TDataset compatible. TMySQLBatchExecute component can execute SQL scripts containing more than one SQL statement. TMySQLMacroQuery is the descendant of the TMySQLQuery component and supports all of its properties, methods, events, and functionalities. The difference is in Macros and MacroChar properties, which help modify SQL script text in design-time and run-time with ease. TMySQLMonitor monitors dynamic SQL passed to the MySQL server. TMySQLDump allows getting SQL script with a dump of a DataBase.
This script can be executed on another MySQL server by the TMySQLBatchExecute component. TMySQLTools component allows to run MySQL diagnostic and repair operations such as Repair, Check, Analyze, Optimize, Backup, and Restore. TBDE2MySQLDAC class is intended for the easy conversion of BDE Database Objects into DAC for MySQL Database Objects.