What is the Microsoft SQL Server 2017?
A major step towards the making of the SQL Server has been represented using the SQL Server 2017 which gives a platform to the user to choose the language of the development, data types, cloud and on-premises, operating systems and brings the power of the SQL to the Linux, and Linux based Docker containers as well as the windows. The Microsoft SQL Server is nothing but a relational database management system that is developed by Microsoft itself. A dozen editions of the SQL Server which are different are being marketed by Microsoft which aims at different audiences and for different workloads that range from small single-machine applications to large applications that are internet-facing along with concurrent users. The SQL Server Developer editions include in it the same features as the SQL Server Enterprise Edition, the difference is that it is limited by the license they use for the development and testing of the system.
Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Great Features
The Microsoft SQL has the following great features that it provides to its users.
- CLR Assemblies are not permitted to be added to the list of the assemblies that are trusted. sp_drop_trusted_assembly and the sys.trusted_assemblies are such and are added to the list of the trusted assemblies.
- Resumable online index rebuild which resumes an online index operation right from where it was stopped after its failure or pause and after that, it resumes the online index rebuild operation.
- Identity Cache is an option for ALTER DATABASE SCOPED CONFIGURATION that allows the user to avoid the spaces and the gasps in the identifying columns if there is a restart of the server automatically and unexpectedly.
- There is a new query generation, that adapts optimization strategies of the routine conditions of the workload. For the version of the adaptive query processing feature family, three new improvements have been added such as the batch mode adaptive joins, The batch grant feedback mode of memory, and the interleaved execution.
- The automatic database tuning is present to provide insights into queries that are potential and later provides solutions and automatically fixes the problems after identifying it.
- The new graph database enables the modeling of many relationships that include new Create Table syntax for the creative purpose of the node and edge tables.
- The setup allows an initial tempdb file that has a size of 256GB per file and provides a warning about the file size that if it exceeds 1GB with the IFI not enabled.
- For improved performance, the database turning advisor has new additional options that can be used by the users.
- Memory enhancement includes the support for the columns that are computed in the memory-optimized tables with the full support of the JSON function.
- The SQL runs on windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3, SUSE Enterprise Linux Server, and the Docker Engine 1.8+.
- SQL is a very versatile server and it can be used in many different ways at the end of the spectrum and stores materials for the site of the user and keeps the information of the customers and supplies analytics for the business which are small to medium.
- The SQL Server’s competitors are the Oracle, MySQL and the PostgreSQL, and many more.
- SQL server simplifies the code with its new functions. Microsoft has introduced few new functions such as the TRIM, CONCAT-WS, STRING_AGG, and the TRANSLATE.
- Python service is another feature of the SQL service and it is supported by the SQL service 2017. With the help of the SQL, incorporating the python codes are easier. Also, you will find logs that allow DBA to determine what the python is consuming.
- Identity Cache is currently a database particular and the user will have a database that will turn off the identification catching with the help of other databases and may handle the identity cache with the help of the previous behavior.
- A new feature has been scaled by Microsoft using the SQL Server 2017 and this feature is the SSIS which is also referred to as Scale-out. The function of the SSI can be enhanced by getting the bundle to run parallel to a few other machines like the scaled-out SSIS also with Azure-out.
- After the introduction of the SQL Server 2017, the model for CLR has been altered.
Click on the below link to download the Microsoft SQL Server 2017 All Editions with License Keys NOW!