What is Internet Download Manager?
Internet Download Manager (IDM) is a tool to increase download speeds by up to 5 times, resume, and schedule downloads. Comprehensive error recovery and resume capability will restart broken or interrupted downloads due to lost connections, network issues, computer shutdowns, or unexpected power outages. The simple graphic user interface makes IDM user-friendly and straightforward to use. Internet Download Manager has a wise download logic accelerator that features intelligent dynamic file segmentation and safe multipart downloading technology to accelerate your downloads. Download Manager segments downloaded files dynamically during download process and reuse available connections without additional connect and login stages to achieve acceleration performance optimally.
Internet Download Manager supports FTP and HTTP protocols, proxy servers, firewalls, redirects, cookies, consent, sound, and video content processing. IDM integrates seamlessly into Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape, MSN Explorer, AOL, Opera, Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Firebird, Avant Browser, MyIE2, and all other popular browsers to automatically handle your downloads. You can drag and drop files, or use Internet Download Manager from the command line. Internet Download Manager can dial your modem at the set time, download the files you want, then hang up or even shut down your computer when it is completed.
Other features include multilingual support, zip preview, download categories, scheduler pro, sounds on various occasions, HTTPS support, queue processor, HTML help and tutorial, enhanced virus protection on download completion, progressive downloading with quotas (useful for connections that use some type of fair access policy or FAP like Direcway, Direct PC, Hughes, etc.), built-in download accelerator, and lots of more.
Model 6.38 adds Windows 10 compatibility, adds IDM download panel to get web-players. Additionally, it has full Windows 8.1 (Windows 8, Windows 7 and Vista) service, page grabber, redeveloped scheduler, and MMS protocol assistance. The newest version adds improved integration for IE 11 and IE based browsers the innovative integration into all latest browsers toolbar, and a wealth of new capabilities and other improvements.
Internet Download Manager Great Features:
- popular browsers and applications are supported: Internet Download Manager supports all popular browsers such as IE, Chrome, AOL, MSN, Mozilla, Netscape, Firefox, Avant Browser, and lots more. Internet Download Manager supports all versions of popular browsers, and also it can be integrated into any online program to take more downloads employing particular "Advanced Browser Integration" attributes.
- Download Rate Dial: Internet Download Manager can accelerate downloads by up to 5 times because of its intelligent dynamic file segmentation technology. Download Manager segments downloaded files dynamically during download process and reuse available connections without additional connect and login stages to achieve acceleration performance best.
- Easy downloading using a single click: After you click a download link in a browser, IDM will take over the download and accelerate it. You do not have to do anything simply as you usually do, browse the Internet. IDM accelerates them and will capture your downloads. IDM supports MMS, FTP, HTTPS, and HTTP protocols.
- Download Resume: Internet Download Manager will resume unfinished download from the location where they left off. Comprehensive error recovery and resume capability will restart broken or interrupted downloads due to lost or misplaced connections, network issues, computer shutdowns, or unexpected power outages.
- Dynamic Segmentation: Dynamic Segmentation and Performance.
- Easy installation wizard: Quick and Effortless installation program will make necessary settings for you, and check your connection at the end to Guarantee trouble-free installation of Internet Download Manager
- Automatic Antivirus checking: Antivirus checking makes your downloads free from viruses and trojans. IDM can run a scanner on completion, such as other people, McAfee, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, SpywareBlaster, CCleaner, and AdAware Spybot to protect users from files that are downloaded.
- Constructed Scheduler: Internet Download Manager can connect to the Internet at a set time, download the files you want, disconnect, or shut down your computer when it is completed. You may synchronize changes employing the synchronization of documents. It is likely program and to create a few lists for either synchronization or downloading.
- Drag and Drop: You can drag and drop links to IDM, and drag and drop down files from Internet Download Manager.
- Advanced Browser Integration: Once enabled, the attribute is used to catch any download from any application. None of the download managers have this feature.
- IDM contains website spider along with grabber: IDM downloads all necessary files that are specified with filters out of internet sites, for example, all pictures from a web site, or subsets of web sites, or entire web sites for offline browsing. It is possible to schedule multiple grabber projects to run them at a time, stop them or run periodically to synchronize changes.
- Flexible Interface: You can pick the sequence buttons, and columns to appear on the main IDM window. There are many skins to the toolbar using button styles that are different. All surfaces may be downloaded on the IDM house website. Users may design their skins.
- IDM supports various kinds of proxy servers: by way of instance, IDM works with Microsoft ISA, and FTP proxy servers.
- IDM supports main authentication protocols: Basic, Negotiate, NTLM, and Kerberos: Thus, IDM can access many Internet and proxy servers using login name and password.
- Download All attributes: IDM can add all downloads linked to the current page. It's easy to download multiple files.
- Download limitations: Progressive downloading with quotas feature restrictions downloading to a specified variety of megabytes per hour. The feature is useful for connections using fair access policy (or FAP) like Direcway, Direct PC, Hughes, etc..
- IDM is multilingual: IDM is interpreted to Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijan, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Farsi, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, and Uzbek languages.
- Quick Update Feature: Quick update may check for new versions of IDM and update IDM once each week. Smart upgrades feature lists if he would like to upgrade IDM.
- Download Categories: Internet Download Manager can be used to organize downloads automatically using defined download categories.