What is Devart DbForge Schema Compare for MySQL?
DbForge Schema Compare for MySQL allows you to perform fast and secure schema comparisons and synchronization, with easy analysis of the differences in structure between databases and the propagation of any modifications to a needed MySQL Server. The dbForge Schema Compare for MySQL is a fast and straightforward tool that allows you to compare and synchronize MySQL databases' schemas. The dbForge Schema Compare for MySQL was explicitly designed to assist you in analyzing database structure variations at a glance and then transmit the changes to the necessary MySQL Server escaping tedious manual tasks.
DbForge Schema Compare for MySQL is a tool to allow quick and effective comparison and the deployment to MySQL Database structure, scripts, and database differences. The program provides a complete analysis of the differences between MySQL databases schemas.
- Compare and sync MySQL or MariaDB databases swiftly and effectively
- Create SQL scripts that replace one database with the content of another
- Update development databases to apply updates to production or staging
- Check how MySQL databases are structured MySQL databases and correct the mistakes
- Automate tasks for sync by using an interface for command lines
- Deployment onto Percona, Oracle MySQL Cloud, Amazon RDS, Alibaba Cloud
Devart Schema from DbForge Compare to MySQLGreat features:
The schema synchronization function is available by the following options:
- Make clear and precise scripts for synchronization to change schemas of databases
- Synchronization preview of scripts for any specific schema object
- Options to alter the output of the script synchronization
- Warns about possible data loss or errors in the synchronization process
- Asynchronous structure synchronization
MySQL Backup as well as Restore
- Comprehensive MySQL backup wizard
- Database Restore Wizards
- Data-only or Schema-based backups in conjunction with full backups
- Support for large databases (over 2 Gb)
- Create backups to store settings to be saved for future use
- Zip compression is a backup file backup option.
- Command-line interface to backup scheduling
- Command-line interface to restore databases
- Error and status log
Comparison of Scripts Folder Scripts
Additionally, if you want to compare the data from two databases, it is possible to compare data from one database with the localized data stored in the script folder.
With the assistance of using the New Data Comparison wizard, you can select any database you want from any existing connection and any script folder on your system.
Once you have specified the further options and the mapping options, the outcomes of the data comparison process will be displayed in an easily accessible grid.
Automating Routine Tasks
Automating routine tasks can improve the effectiveness of the synchronization and comparison process by utilizing the following capabilities:
- Start the schema comparison, synchronization, and sync via the command line
- Create executable command line files that perform routine schema task of synchronization and comparison in one click
- Automate the synchronization process making use of the Windows Scheduler
- Create and execute PowerShell automation scripts
The dbForge Schema Compare is compatible with MySQL can be used with
- MySQL servers versions 5.5-8.0
- MariaDB server version 5.5-10.5
- The entire set of MySQL or MariaDB instances that are running for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, or Fedora OS
- Cloud services: Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Google Cloud, Oracle MySQL Cloud, Alibaba Cloud
- Connections to security: Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), Secure Shell (SSH), HTTP Tunneling, PAM Percona
Supported Schema Objects
With the dbForge Schema Compare for MySQL, The below objects can be contrasted and synchronized between both databases:
- Packages (MariaDB)
- Sequences (MariaDB)
Database Structure Comparison Configuration
- Adjust the way that the comparison is conducted using Schema Comparison Wizard. Schema Comparison Wizard
- Ignore specific event options during comparison
- Switch between the Target as well as Source database using the Schema Comparison wizard
- Don't ignore specific table options when you the comparison, and also Definer and SQL SECURITY expressions; the default value for column names.
- Sort object types to be compared.
- Do not ignore the autoincrement table option.
- Don't bother with the END clause.
Analysis of Comparison Results
- A clear and complete representation of the schema differences within the grid
- DDL variations on the Text Comparator have highlights of multiple colors based on the different types of DDL.
- Automatically classify objects according to their kind
- Group objects into groups in the document of comparison
- Filter objects based on name or different types
- Sort the similar objects
- Eliminate objects from synchronization
- Settings for saving and loading comparison
Comparison Results Export
Schema Compare allows easily generating a report that includes the results of a comparison in the following formats:
- Excel XML
- Excel XML Excel
In addition, a comparison report can include specifically-selected objects such as:
- Different objects
- The objects that are selected to be synchronized
- Similar objects
that can be classified according to the status of an object or its type.