What is Oreans Technologies Themida?
Recognizing the risk
Once an application has been made, the compiler will compile the program source code to many object files made from machine language. Subsequently, the files are linked together to make the executable.
In precisely the same way the source code of an application is converted to machine code at compilation time, you will find applications that can convert a compiled program into assembly language or even a programming language. These tools are called dissemblers and de-compilers.
An attacker may utilize a dissembler or even de-compiler to examine how a particular program works and exactly what a particular pattern does. After the attacker gets a fantastic understanding of the target program, he can alter the compiled program to change his behavior. By way of instance, the attacker may skip the routine which checks for the trial period within an application and allow it to run indefinitely or, worse, cause the program to act as though it had been registered.
Software protectors were made to maintain an attacker from inspecting or changing a compiled program. A software shield resembles a shield that retains a program encrypted and secure against potential attacks. Every time a protected application will be conducted by the operating system, the application protector will initially take control of the CPU and assess potential dividing tools (dissemblers or even de-compilers) that could be operating on the computer system. If that is secure, the program protector will decrypt the secure program and give it the CPU control to be implemented as normal.
The Benefits of utilizing a Software Protector are:
- Shield a program against piracy.
- It prevents attackers from analyzing the way the application is executed.
- It won't allow attackers to alter a program to change its behavior.
Since application protectors were created, many attackers have focused on attacking the application protectors themselves rather than their software. Many applications have been developed that assist in the assaulting of application protectors. These attacks often lead to the attacker getting the first application decrypted and getting the security wrapper eliminated.
The principal issue with software protections is they use security techniques very well-known by crackers, which means that they may be easily bypassed with conventional cracking tools. Another important issue in application protections is they have limited implementation by the operating system; in other words, they operate with normal program privileges. This attacker may use cracking tools that operate precisely the same priority level as the operating system, permitting them to fully oversee exactly what a software shield performs at a specific time and assault it in particular areas.
Together with Themida®, we've centered on the primary weakness which applications protectors have, thus offering a comprehensive solution to overcome those issues. Themida® employs the SecureEngine® security technology, which implements never noticed before security methods to shield applications against advanced applications cracking when operating at the maximum priority level.
SecureEngine® defeats all present breaking tools used against shielded software, and it'll ensure your protected software is just run in protected surroundings.
Current Protectors Claim the Greatest!
Software protection programming isn't a very well-known area for the majority of developers. Software protection techniques aren't like"observable" attributes that could be viewed and compared. Because most applications security writers could discuss remarkable methods that are comprised deep within the security strategy, when many occasions, a lot of those techniques barely exist or are far easier than what they appear. Most application protectors reiterate a lot about using powerful cryptographic algorithms such as RSA, Elliptic curves, and AES, trusting that the last user will consider that those protectors and the mysterious algorithms are unbreakable. This should be far from the truth as application security is extremely different from data security. Even if a software shield gets the secure software with the most powerful cryptographic algorithm, the security software must be decrypted to be conducted by the CPU sooner or later. In this stage, many attackers will begin their work by ditching the decrypted program from memory to disc, thus not needing to take care of the cryptographic algorithm and portion of their first program.
In Themida®, we all would like to be realistic about which weakness could be harnessing by attackers and what we actually must pay attention to to shield an application together with the maximum security possible against applications cracking.
Oreans Technologies Themida Great Features:
- Anti-debugger Methods that detect/fool Any debugger
- Anti-memory dumpers methods for almost any Ring3 and Ring0 dumpers
- Different encryption keys and algorithms in each secure program
- Anti-API scanners methods that avert reconstruction of the import table
- Automated decompilation and scrambling methods in goal program
- Virtual Machine emulation in particular blocks of code
- Advanced Mutator motor
- SDK communicating with the security layer
- Anti-disassemble methods for almost any interactive and static disassemblers
- Multiple polymorphic layers with over 50.000 permutations
- Advanced API-Wrapping methods
- Anti-monitors methods against registry and file screens
- Random crap code insertion between actual directions
- Specialized protection threads
- Advanced Threads network communicating.
- Anti-Memory patching and CRC methods in goal program
- Metamorphic motor to scramble original directions
- Advanced Entry point security
- Dynamic encryption in goal program
- Anti-tracing code insertion between actual directions
- Advanced Anti-breakpoint director
- Real-time security in the target program
- Compression of target Program, resources, and security code
- Anti-"debugger hiders" methods
- Complete mutation in security code to avoid pattern recognition
- Real-time simulation in goal program
- Intelligent security code insertion inside goal program
- Random internal information relocation
- Possibility to personalize dialogs in a protected program